Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Car Wash

Sooooooooooooooo, it's been almost a month.  I really didn't mean for it to be so long, it's just that life kept happening and every time I thought of something cute or funny or just neat to blog about it was the middle of lunchtime and there was NO WAY I was going to be able to touch the computer, let alone open it up and write on here during that time.  So now it's 7am and in the next thirty minutes I will be bombarded by children who want things like food and "boy shows" (which, by the way, are what we call cartoons around here).   But I just wanted to show you real quick what Ben and I came up with last week.

Welcome to the car wash!  I'm not sure really how this idea came about, but I thought it would be fun to fill one container with soapy water and one with plain water, then he could wash his cars.



As you can see, there are sponges in there.  I thought that the car wash was too plain.  I meant for him to scrub the cars with the sponges, but then he realized he could drive his cars around them and it would almost be like an automatic drive thru car wash.


He was so happy that I made this for him.  He played for almost an hour!








"But Mommy, where will we get more bubbles?"
(of course, the bubbles went away after a while in the soapy dish.  I had to froth them back up again for him.)

Completely occupied!


I haven't tried this with Caleb yet, but I have a feeling he'd love it too.  And he'd probably splash in it and make his brother really, really mad.   But Ben has been asking for this every day, and it's a great way to keep him occupied while I do important things around the house, like play Angry Birds or Words With Friends  (another post on that to come later...).

1 comment:

  1. haha! I heart Words with Friends :)

    He has grown SO much!! Love the car wash idea!

    ReplyDelete