Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day (belated)

I've been on an Awesome Mama kick lately.  I know, I know, you are quite shocked because you thought I've always been an awesome mama, but the truth is most days I'm mediocre at best.  Most days it's all I can do to get through the day without screaming at somebody, and I usually spend half the day on Facebook (hence the hiatus.  But that's another story for another day, if I get around to it).  Usually my most creative moment with my children is coloring, or (gasp) painting.

But this Valentine's Day, I was pretty much awesome.  Look at what I did:


I made these pretty cool sensory bins for the boys. 



As you can see, they were quite a success.  They've enjoyed them for pretty much the whole month.  I get these things out and  the boys all go crazy.  This usually buys me a good 15 minutes at least!




These are the Valentines Munkin and I made for his class.  Pretty cute, if you ask me!

The boys got delicious heart-shaped french toast with nutella and strawberries, along with strawberry milk for breakfast.  Also note the mailbox full of goodies from the Target dollar bin and M&M's (they wouldn't fit).



They were pretty happy with their breakfast choice!

And, of course, since I'm on an Awesome kick, I got up early and made breakfast for Mr. (he leaves for work at 6:15 am, so I REALLY got up early).  He was pretty happy with his, too.




Snack time brought these delicious cherry pie pocket things:
(the boys didn't like them)


And this was lunch:
(hot dogs and pink mac & cheese)


After naptime, I tried the whole paint-in-a-ziploc thing.  It was ok.  They got bored pretty fast though.



Dinner was heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's:



And everyone had little gifts at their seats when they got up in the morning!


So, that was my one day of awesome-ness. 

I think that's enough to last me a while, right?

1 comment:

  1. holy cow! That is a totally awesome mom day. I think for v-day my goal was to have the house presentable and chris got a colored picture from Emma and a set of coupons from me. You way outdid yourself! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete